CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
● Must be a faithful, growing Christ-follower who is deepening in his/her personal relationship with Christ, models this and Him to others, and meets the biblical qualifications of leadership (Rm 12:8; 1 Tm 3:1-8; Tit 1:5-9; 1 Pt 5:1-4).
● A passionate desire to see people come to know, love and follow Christ in the context of biblical community.
● Primary Spiritual Gifts: Administration, Leadership, Serving, and Shepherding.
● In full, unwavering alignment with Foundations’ Statement of Beliefs, Values, Mission, Vision, and
● Desires to know and love God even more than he/she wants to be used by God (Jn 15:1-8).
● Consistently treats others in a way that proves to them that they matter to God and to us.
Availability to give the position and ministry the time and attention it needs to be optimally successful.
Urgent desire to handle conflict constructively and graciously.
Humble, passionate, reliable, teachable, and a self-starter.
Skilled in recruiting, training and leading volunteer teams in order to provide excellent children’s
Strong verbal, written and social skills that enable her/him to be an effective communicator to children,
volunteers and parents.
Exhibits the highest level of integrity in representing Jesus Christ and Foundations Church in all
Ideally, some biblical training or a Bible degree with emphasis in ministry or children.
Skill in utilizing various software including Microsoft Office and Google Office
Humble, hungry and emotionally intelligent
Patience in collaborating with and developing/discipling volunteers with various personalities and skill
• Time management that prioritizes ministry needs with attention to managing details and meeting deadlines.
• Ideally, experience in building volunteer teams.
2. The CMD will work closely with the Foundations Children’s Pastor to architect the strongest, most well-trained, Christ-focused volunteer team enabling them to use their gifts to grow in their relationship with Jesus while serving the Foundations family.
3. The CMD will partner collaboratively with Foundations’ Children’s Ministry Team (CMT) to build a vibrant volunteer system that includes recruiting, training, developing, appreciating and retaining.
4. The CMD will work collaboratively with the CMT to plan and build clear, creative, compelling, and biblically-rooted weekly lessons for Early Childhood and Elementary ministries.
5. The CMD will oversee the weekly weekend Children’s Ministry programs and will directly oversee the Children’s Ministry Coordinator(s).
6. The CMD will collaborate with the CMT to coordinate and execute special events at both campuses such as Family events, Summer camps, and Parent’s Night Out.
7. The CMD will ensure the smooth operation and flow of the Children’s Ministry’s systems and processes on assigned campuses.
8. The CMD will maintain real-time communication with the Children’s Pastor as it relates to campus specific needs in the Children’s Ministry.
9. The CMD will share in the development of an inspiring, equipping and supporting ministry to parents. 10. The CMD will participate in campus-related activities and responsibilities.
RELATION TO THE STAFF
HOURS & PAY RANGE
25-35 HOURS A WEEK / $18-20 PER HOUR