Children’s Ministry Coordinator
● Must be a faithful, growing Christ-follower who is deepening his/her personal relationship with Christ, and models this and Him to others.
● Primary Spiritual Gifts: Administration, Serving, and Discernment.
● In full, unwavering alignment with Foundations’ Statement of Beliefs, Values, Mission, and
● Desires to know and love God even more than s/he wants to be used by God (Jn 15:1-8).
● Consistently treats others in a way that proves to them that they matter to God and to us.
● A person who has a strong and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
● A person who is supportive, enthusiastic, and can articulate the mission, vision, and strategy of
● A person who is supportive of the children’s ministry philosophy and goals
● Humble, Hungry, and Emotionally Intelligent
● A person who demonstrates discernment and wisdom in communicating with people and
children from all walks of life
● A person who is energetic and positive, flexible, open to feedback, and desires to multiply
● Implement curriculum and programming for children coming to Foundations Church.
● Maintain the Children’s Ministry rooms to include cleaning and inventorying supplies
● Create and support a strong volunteer network to support these programs
● Create a safe, fun, and engaging environment that will allow kids to learn about Jesus
● Aid in developing and executing seasonal goals that align with the vision of Children’s Ministry
and Foundations Church as a whole.
During the Week:
● Maintaining Planning Center (adding/removing volunteers to teams, templates and groups)
● Maintain weekend volunteer schedule – knowing who will be serving the upcoming week and connect with volunteers who did not end up serving the previous week
● Connect and appreciate Volunteer Team
● Set up Children’s Ministry Curriculum (including toys/free play, lesson supplies, check-in sheets,
bulletin boards) so that it is ready for children to come in, play, and be engaged.
● Read through the lesson for the upcoming weekend
● Attend Children’s Ministry meeting
● Attend Biweekly All Staff Meeting
● Aid in recruiting new volunteers and coming up with new ideas for volunteer retention and
● Participate in professional development opportunities such as webinars, podcasts, conferences,
and reading books.
During the Weekend:
● Arrive by 7:45am on Sunday
● Turn on Technology (TV’s, computers), and import lesson on ProPresenter
● Welcome every volunteer personally as well as all families
● Be available to fill any position needing to be covered (room lead, extra hand in room)
● Give volunteers a run-down of the day and any information they may need to be successful.
● Guide volunteers on their expectations and create a warm environment that is welcoming to all. ● Maintain safe ratios of children to volunteers in each classroom
● Step into Children’s Ministry rooms to get to know the kids and volunteers
● Provide direction for volunteers in the room ensuring each is serving meaningfully; Give clear
honest feedback and encouragement to those leading.
● Ask volunteers and families how we can be praying for them.
● Be the first point of contact to address behavioral needs of children and reach out to families as
● Work with Room Leads to ensure that rooms are clean and closed down and seek feedback on
how the weekend went
● Report and communicate any needs or concerns to the Director.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
● Willingness to learn and use Planning Center, the church’s management software
● Attention to detail and follow through on assignments and deadlines
● A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork, and support of church ministries ● A commitment to confidentiality regarding all records
● Takes personal responsibility in developing one’s own spiritual, physical, and emotional well-
● Ability to manage a volunteer network and create a welcoming and inviting environment
HOURS & PAY RANGE
20-30 HOURS A WEEK / $16-18 PER HOUR